EXTREME BEARING Washdown Bearing Housings
EXTREME BEARING Washdown Bearing Housings are the cost-optimal high-tech end-of-line solution for all environments such as (e.g. in the food processing industry) in which aggressive influences (salt, moisture, dirt, chemicals) affect the bearing units used and significantly shorten the service life of the bearing units. With a high-end sealing solution, assemblies from EXTREME BEARING enable the user to use the housing made of stainless steel F316 (1.4404) in combination with the appropriate choice of grease, spherical roller bearings made of bearing steel (e.g. 100Cr6) in aggressive environments and thus save the Use of expensive storage solutions made of softer, stainless steel, weak plastic housings or rusting gray cast iron housings.
EXTREME BEARING construction options
- Selection of the right EXTREME BEARING bearing housing for every application
- Selection of the right EXTREME BEARING sealing solution
- Selection of the right lubricant solution
- Design as a loss of grease lubrication variant or pressure-tight variant
- Independence from bearing manufacturers
- Higher system reliability through the use of more heavily designed bearings
- Reduction of costs over time for the plant operator
- Up to 5 times higher load capacity of the storage unit
Bearing survival time for assemblies of a customer in the mussel processing industry in the Netherlands could be optimized from 3-4 months to 6 years with assemblies from EXTREME BEARING.
We supply Stainless steel Type-E bearings for extreme
Why Extreme Bearings?
All businesses using bearings know the cost of replacing bearing units and the loss of production time during service. The Extreme Bearing has been developed to eliminate the need for the frequent replacement of bearings. And most importantly: to save your company time and money!
See where Extreme Bearings have been a success and the kind of applications where these bearings units make a significant difference
Choosing a bearing
Extreme Bearings are customised to your needs. Our experts will help you choose the right Extreme Bearing for your application. You can find all the product specifications of the housings including STP files via the link below. A link to ordering information is also given.
The story of the Extreme Bearing
The life of the bearing increased from months to years
Few industries are tougher on bearings than the mussel industry. Quite simply, the breaking of mussels often wrecks normal bearings. The seawater is corrosive and contains sand. When the mussel shell is broken, pieces of shell can get inside the bearing. The average lifetime of an ordinary bearing on a conveyor belt in a mussel factory is about three months.
How an Extreme Bearing saves you money
How an Extreme Bearing saves you money
Everyone loves a bargain. So when a customer buys a new bearing unit, they often pay extreme attention to the purchase price, especially if they work in procurement. This can be misleading when the real cost of running and maintaining the equipment where the bearing unit will be installed actually determines how much a bearing will cost your company in the long run.
An exceptionally unique experience tailored to you
- For heavy radial loads
- For combined radial and thrust loads
- Suitable for expansion and contraction of the shaft
- Up to 5 times higher load capacity than conventional bearings
- Low friction angular misalignment
- Can be washed down with high pressure jets
- SS 316 has a very high resistance to seawater
- Works up to 270°C and down to -80°C
- Made of solid material, so no crevices or spaces for the build-up of dirt
- HACCP/HARPC compliance
- Choose from a range of lubricants including food-grade grease
- Increase equipment uptime to reduce running costs
- Housings are compatible with many brands of bearing inserts
- Save money by reusing housings through multiple changes of the bearing insert
- Range of sealing options to choose from
- Choice of bearing inserts depending on load
- For heavy vertical loads
- Special housing design on request
- In-house CAD team are at hand to provide solutions for any of your bearing needs
Declumping is the mechanical process of separating mussels by tearing apart the mussel clumps. In an application like this, the extremely high specifications of the Extreme Bearing are required: durable bearing housing, rust-resistant, water-resistant, capacity to withstand heavy forces and axial force. This is the industry for which the original Extreme Bearing was developed, simply because ordinary bearings were wearing out too fast. Experience has shown that a normal bearing lasts three months, while the Extreme Bearing lasts for years.
You don’t get much more extreme conditions than this. A common design feature of German incinerators is to let the glowing embers and ashes fall into a tank of water below and be extinguished. The ash is then transported up and out of the water on a conveyor belt. The Extreme Bearing shown here is submerged in boiling hot water while hot ash and embers are floating around. Normal bearings usually failed within weeks or months but the Extreme Bearing is expected to last for years.
The Asco Viking Harvester barge has two conveyor belts, one of which is constantly submerged, and a special machine that holds a sack of seaweed weighing up to 2 tonnes. Bearings on such machines and the conveyors need to withstand a great deal of stress, impact, seawater, sunlight, frost and heat. The Icelandic company Asco Harvester started using Extreme Bearings in 2016. Before they had installed bearings with plastic housings but replaced them all in 2017. Read more
“Normal bearings usually need to be replaced on an automatic car wash conveyor every 3-6 months. But with an Extreme Bearing, we believe no maintenance of the bearing will be needed for 8-10 years,” claims Martin Metterhausen, managing director of Wälz– und Gelenklager Lüneburg in Germany, an agent and distributor for Extreme Bearing. A German company has become the first to offer customers the option of fitting Extreme Bearings onto a car wash system.